Thursday, August 26, 2010

orientation day 1

Orientation!  I can't believe it's already here and summer is officially over.  It's time to hit the books and become a serious [professional] student.  The day started off slightly awkward, but still fun with free breakfast and time to meet and mingle with other students and faculty.

We then moved into our classroom and listened to the president's rather intimidating welcome speech.  It's going to be a rough 4 years, but I know it will be worth it.

We had to listen to a few more representatives (Student Services, Library Services, Security, etc.) before moving on to getting fitted for our white coats, getting pictures made for our ID badges, getting our mailboxes and locker numbers, and sitting in a few more tutorials about resources available to students.

We then had a specially made lunch before a few more talk sessions from other services.  It ended with a nice ice cream social.  I have such a mixture of emotions running through me, which creates an overwhelming feeling overall.  I'm nervous for the amount of stress that's about to poor on... I'm not quite sure I'm ready for all of the responsibility... I'm excited to learn new things in the profession that has fascinated me for years... I'm anxious to see what my professors are like... I'm hoping I will believe in myself... I'm worried I might fall behind... I'm scared I won't have time for the things I love... but most of all I think I feel ready!

From this day forward, posting will become much more rare and facebook will probably be non-existant.  Please just keep my success as a future O.D. in your thoughts and prayers.  I'm here in Memphis, working hard for my future patients!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment