Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Year One - check! :)

And it's official!  My first year is complete!  Second year courses begin May 18th.  The year ended quite well.  4 A's, 1 A-, 1 B+, 1 B, and 1 C.  And yes, if you added those together, that would be 8 classes!  This finals week was the most difficult 8 days of my life!  But I'm very, very happy to be done.

Saturday and Sunday I did almost nothing but sleep and eat!  I'm assuming my body was on a combination of caffeine withdraw and sleep deprivation.  Today we went looking at various apartments closer to school.  We went to one pretty equidistant between where we live now and SCO.  It's by the University of Memphis, and we would absolutely LOVE this place.  We met some girls who were on the dance team at U of M and showed us their place.  It was nice and very affordable.  We're going back tomorrow at noon to see a couple of vacant apartments with the same leasing company.  I will let you know how it goes.

Until we actually move though, we are potentially housing flood victims at our apartment.  As the mighty Mississippi continues to rise, threats of evacuation have already come to many people.  I just hope that the rising waters can be contained.  I took some picture the other day.  I will try to post them here soon. 

We're going to LA this weekend to see Tyler's brother!  I'm so excited.  I've never visited California before and the last time we saw his brother was in October for Sandra and Bradford's wedding.  It will also be our last opportunity to see him before he goes to Alaska. 

Until next time - I will be relaxing, and it feels so good :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your first year! I can't believe your second year starts so soon! I heard about the Mississippi this morning & I was going to check in with you. I hope they can contain it. Have an awesome time in LA!

    ReplyDelete