Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This time of year is so wonderful because everyone is in such a great mood as they remember all the things they're thankful for.  I'm very thankful for my old friends, new friends, family, health, husband, traveling, crafting, and fitness!  This year, we kept things pretty low key as Tyler had surgery on Wednesday, but don't worry, the holiday was still celebrated with the standard fare.

On Thursday I ventured into roasting my first turkey.  I tackled a 14-lb bird and was actually quite successful! I made some yummy turkey chili soup with the left over meat, but we still have about 1/2 a gallon-sized ziplock bag full of turkey meat!!  So many left overs.  We had green bean casserole, turkey, rolls, cheese-stuff celery, stuffing, and pumpkin cheesecake.  I ran out of time to do anything with the sweet potatoes that we bought, so I'll have to do something with those goodies later.  I might save them to go with the giant ham we have in our freezer thanks to my friend, Amy. 

Apparently, I cannot upload a picture of my turkey :( I will try to figure that out and get back to y'all!

On Friday, I tackled the crowds starting off at 5:00 in the morning for Black Friday specials!!  I got some amazing deals and shopped until I dropped.  It was a great time for sure!

CHRISTMAS IS ONLY A MONTH AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment