Monday, July 18, 2011

Card Making

So I picked up an old hobby that I had (embossing), and starting it again, but this time in full force.  I am using the skill to make fun cards and it's made for some fun craft nights and mother-daughter days over the summer.  I will share pictures of some of my creations :)

Birthday card I made for my friend, Keri

Part of a set I made for Molly's birthday

Part of a set I made for Molly's birthday.  One of my favorites

I need to go buy more of that background paper!  I LOVE it!

The rose reminds me of the one in beauty and the beast! 

Butterfly

I ADORE that paper.  Silhouettes are my favorite thing!

Another one from the set for Molly with my favorite paper

simply adorable

The set of cards I made for Molly's birthday.  Blank inside.  I like to call the set, "Daisy in Distress."  Trying to use the creative side of brain that doesn't get much work out. 



Anniversary card I made for Tyler

Fun congratulations card for a good friend who's going to vet school.    
Engagement card for Tina and Bryan! 

I LOVE these cards!!!  I made two of them, and can't wait to thank people for things :)
It's been so much fun!  I'm thinking of making more sets that are blank inside and starting an Etsy site (maybe not until professional school is done).  I would like to coordinate with Sigma Alpha Omega and have a portion of the proceeds go to ovarian cancer awareness (our national philanthropy), and maybe also do something similar for SVOSH trips or something.  Right now, it's just a past time of mine, but in the future, I would like it to be something that I can actually do some good with and continue for a long time!  I hope you enjoy them! 

1 comment: