Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kenley Laine Compton - My new niece!!!

I'm so excited to finally have some time to share pictures with you of my GORGEOUS new niece.  She's just a little over a month old now!  The Lord blessed me with the opportunity to go home over my break week between the summer and fall semesters.  She was only 2 weeks old then and the most precious thing I'd ever laid my eyes on!!

I tried to help my sister and Kevin out as much as I could.  I'm definitely no where near ready for that point in my life, and I don't know how female students in my class who are new mothers, handle both the demands of a newborn and the demands of school!  I already had a lot of respect for them... but wow!

Miss Kenley was born on August 14th, 2012 at 1:40pm.  She was 7lbs, 2 oz, and 20 in long!  Of course, I had clinic this day, but when I got home, I got to Skype with my sister and see how new baby and mommy were doing.

Mommy and baby!

Screen shot from our Skype call

Another screen shot

This was my last day in clinic for APC (adult primary care), meaning the next week was finals week.  Studying was so challenging when all I wanted to do was go home and see my new niece.  But time passes quickly, as it always does, and I made it home to say hello!  Tyler unfortunately couldn't come with me because he was already back in school teaching, but he will get to say hello at Christmas.

My first sight in person!

With Jamie!


Grand-paw giving Winston some of his Cookout milkshake... Winston loves his Grand-paw

Friends for 25 years!

Aunt Kim!

Kenley with her great grandma!


Winston is depressed!  He doesn't get as much attention anymore with the new baby in the house.

She loves her daddy!

Crazy face - so dramatic all the time! hehe :)

adorable


Bath time in her new whale tub


I had just gotten lowlights in my hair, so that made for a good excuse to take another picture with Kenley!

Picture from Jennifer, my niece will love Boy Meets World :) 

So, the next time I get to see Kenley, she will be 4 months old!  She's growing so fast already!!!  I cannot wait to be in Charlotte this time next year, so I can visit Kenley (and my sister and brother-in-law, too) more often.  Come September 2013, I will only be about 30 minutes away, which is a much easier trip than 10 hours.   More pictures to come at Christmas!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment