Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm still alive I promise!

An entire semester without a blog post!  Shame on me.  Guess this summer was a busy one indeed.  Usually, I have to summers off to do as I wish.  However, professional school is preparing me for the professional world, so now my summers are filled with class and clinical experience.  I tried to juggle a lot of things this summer, and I wouldn't have changed it for the world.  I came back to NC a grand total of 4 times - Molly's bridal shower, Jennifer's baby shower, Molly's bachelorette party, and Molly's wedding.  Traveling that much was certainly exhausting, especially with keeping up with my studies in the midst of everything.  But I did it, and finished the semester with pretty good grades.  I can't complain.   Here are some wonderful pictures from my busy, but exciting summer!


The bride and her maids at Molly's bridal shower

Filling out the mad lib game.  Molly's future Mother-in-law and sister-in-law

BFF

Molly next to some beautiful flowers

Mother-of-the-bride with the bride

Jennifer's coming home dress on display.  Dresses were used as center pieces at the shower

The adorable dress cake made by yours truly - my mom!

Rubber ducky

Wishes for baby all hanging up

Mom and Dad

Pillows embroidered by Mom for the nursery.

All of Kenley's bows and bibs

Cute dress cookies were the favors!

Mom and grandma

High school friends

Jennifer's close friends

Jennifer and the party planners / helpers

I also came from Molly's shower to another bridal shower in Memphis for my friend Tina, who just got married this past Saturday the 25th.

Celebrating the bride with some southern college of optometry friends
When I came home, I was blessed with the opportunity to see some old friends.

The always stunning, Lauren Donaldson

One of my best friends since 3rd grade, Mr. Derek Dixon!

We cheered together in middle school!!  Her mom brought some embarrassing pictures of me from Carroll.


I got to participate in 2 bachelorette parties! Molly's and Tina's.  Fun times were definitely had!  Tina's was technically a triple bachelorette party as we had 3 girls in our class getting married at the same time!!

Drinking glass I spruced up for the bride :)

First stop for the day was lunch and cupcake decorating at a cute cupcake shop in Greensboro, NC

fancy balloons for Molly

It's the bachelorette and me!

Looking good!!

We had dare cards at Molly's bachelorette.  One of them was to kiss a bald man on the forehead.  This sweet old man participated and started the night off right!

group shot

Elisa had to get someone to propose to her!  I can't express how cooperative and fun the staff was at this restaurant!  What great sports! :)

We found a guy with a tattoo!

Tina's bachelorette party was equally as fun.  We had a scavenger hunt to participate in - one bride vs. the other.  Team Tina vs. Team Kamri.  I was on Tina's team, and we definitely won!!


Tina, Kamri, and Julie.  The 3 OD '14 brides! :)


Find someone to buy the bride a shot!

Take a picture with a single girl and a guy.  We had to add the sign that says, "Call Me Maybe," and the fact that our guy was a bouncer makes the wad of cash an added bonus to the picture.

Tina on a trolly :)

with an uncooperative police officer

with elvis!

With the biggest balls down town... haha

Team Tina - the champions!
Finally, Molly's wedding (technically these events are all out of order, but the flow of similar events was nice haha).  I'm so fortunate to have had her as a bridesmaid in my wedding and get to celebrate as her matron of honor two years later.  She's my best friend who I've stayed close to since 3rd grade.  We are both now happily married, and I cannot wait to be closer to her, so we can have some fun double dates!

The siblings! - rehearsal dinner

dancers

groom's cake - rehearsal dinner

What happens when the rehearsal dinner is at the Angus Barn.  YUM

practicing for the real deal the next day!

brother's speech

emergency basket for the big day!

bouquets

Mom putting on a special necklace

Molly's dance students who came to see her!

Me with the bride and groom after finally making it to the reception.

They're adorable!

father-daughter dance

After the father-daughter dance, any other father-daughter pairs were invited to the dance floor. 

The beautiful cake!

I was trying to get the Mr. and Mrs. Tags on their chairs, but they're kind of hard to see.

Cutting the cake

giving my speech

oo, la, la

with my parents :)

going away sparklers

off to the honeymoon!

It was such a wonderful summer full of many things to celebrate.  My sister had her baby August 14, 2012, and of course it was Tuesday, my Adult Primary Care day.  So after school was over for our week long break, I came to Charlotte, NC to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and the beautiful new addition, Miss Kenley Laine Compton!  I'll put those pictures in another blog post!

I promise to be better about keeping up with the blog this fall semester.  It feels good to be mostly caught up :).

No comments:

Post a Comment